Monday, November 10, 2008

Krishangarh Mayhem!

Just south-west of Sukhna Lake is Krishangarh Village, and whats special about this village is that there is a brand new road (incomplete and with zero maintenance ever since the small part was completed), the stretch is not connected to anything and is always empty, though a small stretch, it has a decent incline which makes it a good venue for speed. I have managed around 43kmph on my Trek here without taking any kind of risk. I know I can breach 50 here.
But as there is zero maintenance, you would like to watch out for stones and bricks and cow/bull shit which may become your direct passport to the hospital.
If you want to ride it easy pass the village and cycle along further to the hilly roads. I have never been there on my cycle but it will be great for sure.
As far as speed is concerned, my speed record in the city is 44.3kmph, just a wee-bit lower than the speed limit on cars on the smaller roads, will I be challaned if I am caught doing 45+ on a a cycle?
But never ride fast on the roads, that is illegal (you cross the speed limit for 2 wheelers) and extremely dangerous, and life is more important than speed records, so ensure you never go fast on a road where cars ply, or even on side roads for cycles, people walk there and you may hurt someone. Also if you fall, at that speed and with the road beneath you, you will get hurt seriously, so ride safe.

No comments: